If you were a teen or tween in the mid to late 2000’s you know this week’s guest. Maybe you know her face, or her name or maybe you remember her character’s iconic screenname “BigRedhead”.
Sophie Anna Everhard is an actress, model, entertainment executive, and natural redhead. She’s best known for her role as Dylan Marvil in the Warner Premiere movie, The Clique, based on a New York Times best-selling book. She’s appeared in TV shows on Nickelodeon, ABC Family, and the CW, and in many national commercials. Most recently, she’s worked with CeraVe & T-Mobile.
Sophie is the former Head of Operations at Sofar Sounds, a global live experiences company that’s been named the world’s second most innovative company in music, where she spent nearly a decade growing the company. Sophie graduated from NYU and has been splitting her time between NYC and LA ever since.
Some of the questions Adrienne + Stephanie asked her:
- What was it like for you growing up as a redhead?
- What was it like playing Dylan Marvil in The Clique?
- Would you ever dye your hair another color for a movie role? We share that Jessica Chastain only wears wigs and will not dye her hair. Sophie responded, “If Jessica Chastain doesn’t have to then neither will I..” Hence, the title of this episode!
- You have a fun, unique way of putting together outfits. You put together looks inspired by songs. Which song has inspired an outfit recently?
- You moved to Los Angeles at 13 to start your acting career. Since then, have you noticed more opportunities for redheads in modeling and acting? We feel like we see a lot more redheads in advertisements now.
- You spent almost a decade building a company that helps new music artists connect to fans through intimate live shows. Have you noticed a connection between an artist’s visual style and their ability to build a following?
- Tell us the story of how you learned that you need to fill in your brows.
- You’ve partnered with us for the launch of our Finally Glossy Shine and Luminosity Shampoo. What did you think after using our shampoo?
Looking for products mentioned in this episode?
- Finally Have Lashes® – Red-y for Lashes Perfectly Auburn Redhead Mascara
- Finally Have Brows® – Tinted Redhead Eyebrow Gel (Longwearing)
- Finally Glossy® Shine & Luminosity Shampoo for Redheads
Looking for links mentioned in this episode?
- 3 Ways To Make Your Red Hair More Vibrant Without the Use of Dyes
- The 6 Best Ways To Keep Red Hair From Fading
- How to Lighten and Treat Your Red Hair With Cinnamon
- 10 Best ‘Redhead Friendly’ Sunscreens of 2023
- 9 of the Best Drugstore Sunscreens for Redheads
- 7 Best Redhead-Approved Mineral Sunscreens Under $25
You can hear Stephanie, Adrienne, and Sophie on the latest episode of the How to be a Redhead Podcast available directly below on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts:
Want to help us spread the news about the How to be a Redhead brand and this podcast? Please give us a 5-star review and tell your friends (redheads and everyone else) to subscribe!
Want your questions answered on an episode of the podcast? Email H2BARPodcast@gmail.com, or DM us on Instagram @HowtobeaRedhead or TikTok @HowtobeaRedhead. We answer 2-4 questions per podcast so be sure to tune in to hear if we answered yours.
Rock it like a Redhead!