Shannon Bauer is a beauty journalist, certified professional makeup artist, and natural redhead. She has been reporting on beauty trends and formulations and has tested the latest products for 8+ years professionally. When not on the hunt for the next best mascara, you can find her running in Brooklyn, reading a book, or trying out a new restaurant.
Follow her on Instagram: @shannonmarie.beauty
When you have a redhead who’s tried hundreds of beauty products, you know it’s going to be a great podcast episode. Adrienne + Stephanie dove into a ton of topics with Shannon including things like growing up with red hair, keeping curly red hair looking amazing, and of course, keeping red hair vibrant.
We also talked skin and beauty with some waxing questions and a talk on having “good skin” when you’ve got sensitive skin (like most redheads do.) Of course, they touched on SPF and sun protection as a form of skincare, talked morning routines and we even dove into what Shannon thinks about red hair being “a trend”.
Looking for some of the many products recommended in this episode? We’ve got you covered:
- T3 Switch Kit Professional Ionic Interchangeable Curling Iron
- Kristin Ess Signature Hair Gloss
- Versed Instant Gratification At-Home Dermaplaning Tool
- Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen
- Supergoop! Glowscreen (SPF 40)
- Kopari Sun Shield Body Glow
- NuFACE Trinity Complete – Microcurrent
- Yon-Ka Serum C20 Vitamin C Face Serum
- Finally Have Brows® – Ultra Fine Redhead Pencil
- Sunnies Face Fluffmatte in Rosas
You can hear Stephanie, Adrienne, and Shannon on the latest episode of the How to be a Redhead Podcast available directly below, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts:
Want to help us spread the news about the How to be a Redhead brand and this podcast? Please give us a 5-star review and tell your friends (redheads and everyone else) to subscribe!
Want your questions answered on an episode of the podcast? Email H2BARPodcast@gmail.com, or DM us on Instagram @HowtobeaRedhead or TikTok @HowtobeaRedhead. We answer 2-4 questions per podcast so be sure to tune in to hear if we answered yours!