This website accepts cash payments for advertising and sponsorship. We may receive commissions from links on this page, but we only recommend products we love and deem ‘Redhead Friendly’. The views and opinions expressed on this website are always our own – redhead pinky promise.
Note: As an Amazon Associate, How to be a Redhead earns from qualifying purchases.
TERMS & CONDITIONS (T&C’s) + RETURN POLICIES:
Updated: October 27, 2022
Scroll to what is relevant for your purchase(s):
1. E-commerce Store Returns:
As of September 1, 2022, we offer the following benefits when shopping with us:
While we understand that it may take a few uses to realize a product isn’t right for you, we will not accept returns or exchanges for any item where more than a quarter of the product has been used.
All returns are subject to validation and approval at How to be a Redhead’s discretion. We monitor return activity for abuse and reserve the right to limit returns or exchanges in all instances.
To return/exchange your new or gently “tested” online purchase, please note that any initial shipping costs, if applicable, are non-refundable. Start your return.
We can provide you with a pre-paid return shipping label for you to send back your item(s). The shipping fee will be deducted from your total refund should you choose to use the pre-paid shipping label to cover shipping costs.
You may also send your returnable items back using a shipping method of your choice, at your own expense.
How to be a Redhead is not responsible for returned items lost during transit.
Please allow 7-10 business days for your refund to post to your account once it has been approved.
2. E-commerce exchanges (if applicable):
If you received a defective or damaged product from a HowtobeaRedhead.com purchase, please email our team at info@howtobearedhead with your H2BAR order number and we would be happy to assist you further. If you’d like to exchange your product, please start a return and choose the exchange option when following the prompts.
3. H2BAR Box subscription policy:
This infographic will help you understand when you can expect renewals, cancellation dates and more. Scroll down to find a helpful graph. Please note: all subscriptions automatically renew. You acknowledge and agree that each membership automatically renews, and you will continue to be charged, unless and until you cancel your membership, or we suspend or terminate it.
Monthly & Deluxe H2BAR Box Subscriptions, How To Cancel: As of November 1, 2022 — we’re no longer sending out the monthly H2BAR Box. All accounts will be edited and will automatically be switched to Deluxe H2BAR Box subscriptions. If you have a credit on your account, it will be applied to the Deluxe H2BAR Box, or a store credit will be issued.
Starting November 1, 2022, we are only shipping out the Deluxe H2BAR Box. The customer portal H2BAR Box experience has been upgraded too. Customers can now enjoy a better customer portal which will allow cancellation at anytime. The only way to cancel is to go to: https://shop.howtobearedhead.com/account/login
For more in-depth instructions on how to access your portal, click here.
Important: We cannot offer refunds for prepaid subscriptions due to logistics arrangements in our warehouse. If you purchase a 12-month Deluxe subscription (for example) and cancel immediately, you will receive the 4 Deluxe beauty boxes and you will not auto-renew after the 4 boxes have been fulfilled. If you do not cancel, you will continue to renew on a 12-month basis. ALL SUBSCRIPTIONS RENEW.
We do not allow returns for H2BAR Boxes due to sanitary conditions in our warehouse.
You cannot write into email@example.com or any social platform and request cancellation. All cancellations must be done through the customer portal. For more in-depth instructions on how to access your portal, click here.
Promo Codes: How to be a Redhead may offer certain promotional codes for discounts. Promotional codes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash, credit, or previous purchases. There is no cash alternative. Limit one promotional code per customer. Promotional codes are void where prohibited. Any promotional program may be terminated or modified by How to be a Redhead at any time at its sole discretion.
- What is the H2BAR Box? How much does it cost? The How to be a Redhead (H2BAR) Box is a Deluxe beauty subscription box for redheads. For a breakdown on the prices, see here.
- How much is international shipping? International subscribers pay an additional $25 per month for shipping. Australian subscribers pay an additional $45 per month for shipping.
- When will my box ship? All Deluxe H2BAR Boxes ship on the 15th of every quarter. See the above graphic for more information on cut-off dates.
- Do you change prices frequently? No, but we do have to keep up with the needs of subscribers and the rising costs of postage and other logistics.
- How are the products selected? We work meticulously every day. We test every product and if approved through the 10-day testing process, it’s considered for inclusion in the box.
- How does the pricing work? When am I re-billed? All Deluxe H2BAR Boxes renew on the 25th of each quarter (see graph). You can cancel at anytime. If you do not cancel, you will automatically renew. All renewal dates are in the graphic above.
- Can I cancel my subscription? At any time! We want our customers to look forward to the H2BAR Box arriving each month. For more in-depth instructions on how to access your portal, click here.
- Can I return items? E-commerce items will only accept returns/exchanges on items purchased through HowtobeaRedhead.com within 30 days of order receipt. Start your return. H2BAR Boxes can NOT be returned to the H2BAR warehouse due to sanitary conditions. All H2BAR Box sales are final.
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
Personal Information + Transactional Data
How to be a Redhead collects personal information from visitors on our website only on a voluntary basis. This information may include name, postal address, email address, company name, telephone number, and other demographic information. Personal information received from any visitor will only be used for internal purposes. How to be a Redhead will never provide it to third parties, rent, sell or share your personal information.
We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our Site (“Transactional Data“). The Transactional Data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. [Payment processing on our Site is handled by our payment services providers, Stripe. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at https://stripe.com/privacy.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
Use of Your Personal Data
How to be a Redhead may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
For California Consumers
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties for direct marketing purposes. The notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides specific rights to those who live in California. If you are a California-based consumer, as that term is defined under California law, this section shall apply in addition to all other applicable rights and information contained in this Statement.
- You have the right to request that we provide you with information about what personal information we collect, use, and disclose.
- You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we, or our service providers, store about you.
- We will not discriminate or retaliate against you if you elect to exercise any rights under this section of our Privacy Statement.
- You may request that we not sell your personal information. As noted above, we do not sell your personal information and we only share your personal information with third parties, as described in this Statement.
- You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Please see the Identity Verification Requirement below for information on our process for verifying that we have received a legally valid request.
If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: How to be a Redhead 2710 Exchange Drive Unit C Wilmington, NC 28405. Please allow thirty days for a response.
For Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt-out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration (as such terms are defined under Nevada law) to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident and you have purchased products from us, you may submit a request to opt-out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
For European Economic Area Residents/Consumers
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing.If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
Additional Rights Of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents:
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS OF EEA (EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA) RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
(i) access your personal data
(ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
(iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
(iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
(v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following:
EU Privacy Complaints
2400 North 2nd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please Contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Correcting or Remove Information
You have the option to opt-out from receiving How to be a Redhead emails at any time. You may opt-out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the email. We will not share your email address with any third parties.
Links to Other Sites
We often link to other sites. How to be a Redhead is not responsible for any content available on those sites, nor do we endorse them.
The Site may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
How to be a Redhead, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, the Site earns from qualifying purchases. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Site will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
SMS / MMS Mobile Messaging Marketing Program
We respect your privacy. We will only use the information you provide through the SMS opt-in program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide us information in connection with the program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in our sole discretion, we believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the program for an ulterior purpose, we may refuse you access to the program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
You may opt-out of receiving text messages at any time directly on your mobile device. You may also choose to not receive text messages by contacting us directly at email@example.com. Please be specific as possible.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
How to be a Redhead respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site do the same. In connection with our Site, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination of users of our online Site who are repeated infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Updates and Effective Date
How to be a Redhead reserves the right to make changes in this policy. If changes are made, we will notify you here. Please check back if you are interested. Last updated: June 21, 2021
For more information about our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.