We love trying new makeup trends, especially those that can save time and elevate our makeup game. There’s a new trend taking over social media called “ombre concealer”. This trend is a placement technique, using two shades of concealer and two shades of blush, to give you the perfectly brightened undereye. Thinking of giving this trend a try? Here’s everything you need to know.
Prep the skin
Great makeup is all about great skin. Start with a good skincare routine. Hydrated and well-moisturized skin is essential for a smooth application. Use a gentle hydrating eye cream to moisturize the under-eye area.
Remember to keep your skin well-hydrated throughout the day by drinking plenty of water. Dehydrated skin can make under-eye concealer appear cakey.
Use cream/liquid product concealer + blush
This trend is all about blending, which is why it’s achieved using cream/liquid products. You will want the products to blend well together. You will need:
- Your favorite cream concealer in 2 different shades, one light (highlight) color and one regular concealer color close to your skin tone.
- You will also need your favorite liquid/cream blush in 2 shades, one lighter and one darker. When choosing your blush, try to keep them in the same shade family (pink, berry, red, etc).
Placement is everything with this trend
The key to doing it right is placement of the product.
- (When reading, refer to the below diagram)Before you begin, remember to place the product in small to medium-sized dots or swipes under the eye. Start with less and add more later if you need to.
- Start near the inner corner of the eye. Dot your lightest (highlight) shade of concealer, then closer to the center of the eye, place the regular concealer color.
- Towards the outer corner of the eye, dot your liquid blush. Dab the lightest to the center of the eye and the darker shade being towards the outer corner of the eye.
Blending is key
Once you’ve applied your concealer and blush dots, it’s time to blend. Starting at the inner corner of the eye, use a damp beauty blender to blend outwards toward the outer corner of the eye, blending each product into the next. This will help to create a lifted look and give you a gorgeous glow near your cheek and a brightened inner corner.
Watch redheads on TikTok try this concealer tip:
Rock it like a Redhead!
Main photo credit: @kirstyeelizabeth