By: Maddy Richards
It’s that time again! The New Year is a time for making resolutions and then often, breaking them in the first three days. But never fear! We have five fashion friendly, ‘redhead friendly‘, New Year’s Resolutions that you can make and actually keep for 2014.
1. Wear more red. Yes we all know the cliché about redheads not being able to pull-off red. You can do it! There are a million ways that redheads can look awesome wearing red, whether it’s lipstick, jewelry, shoes, or just the right shade of a dress. Be brave, find the best way that red rocks on you, and go for it!
2. Cut your hair. If you’re looking for a change of pace, a new way to show off your red: cut it. There are lots of fun new styles you can try from long, to short, layered, to straight across. Find a new style for you and make a jaw-dropping entrance into 2014.
3. Don’t fake your skin color. Yes, tan is the current frenzy, but your naturally fair skin is beautiful. Get some natural sun and don’t spend the year fighting for your skin to be something else. Be happy with what you have and make everyone else see how beautiful you look in your natural skin.
4. Be gentler on your hair. Wash it a little less often, use hot products a little less often, condition and hydrate a little more. You can make a goal to keep your red hair healthy this year.
5. Rock it like a Redhead! Be proud of your red hair this year! Don’t apologize for it, or comment by saying, “Oh, it isn’t really that red.” Embrace your hair and let everyone know you love it, and then they will love it too!
Make it your goal this year to take care of your hair, and fall in love with it.
Rock it like a Redhead!
Photo Credit: Jessica Chastain InStyle UK February 2013