Unfortunately, bullying is something many redheads experience over the course of their lives. October is Bullying Awareness Month and we couldn’t think of a better guest to discuss bullying, and what her experience was like growing up with red hair in Scotland.
Stephanie “Steph” Cheape is a natural redhead + singer/songwriter from Scotland. She has 300K followers on TikTok where she posts about Scottish culture, her music, and of course, life as a redhead. Follow her on TikTok
Questions Adrienne + Stephanie ask Steph:
- What was it like for you growing up as a redhead?
- It seems like there is a stigma in the UK surrounding red hair. Do you think this is true? And if so, why the cultural difference?
- Is there anything, you believe, we can do better to stop the UK stigma of redheads? Do you think it will ever stop?
- We know you wear our Finally Have Lashes mascara in Perfectly Auburn! We have more shades coming out this winter. Do you feel like redhead makeup has helped you embrace your red hair even more? If a redhead beauty line were more readily available in the UK, do you think it would help the redhead stigma?
- You’ve commented that TikTok users tend to be nicer than Instagram users. Do you think this has to do with a younger, more accepting generation? Do you feel like users are more accepting of your red hair on TikTok than Instagram?
- You share fun facts about redheads on social media. What’s your favorite fun fact you like to pull out?
- We know you’re a musician! Tell us about your music career, how it’s going + what’s next for you professionally. Any projects you can tell us about?
Looking for links mentioned in the episode?
- Finally Have Lashes® – Red-y for Lashes Perfectly Auburn Redhead Mascara
- Why Our Finally Glossy® Shampoo Is So Special
- 2022’s Best Color Depositing Shampoos and Conditioners for Redheads (Updated: 2023)
- Why Does Red Hair Fade? How To Keep Red Hair Vibrant
- Why We Love Nickel-Free Razors For Redheads
- 4 Signs You’re Allergic to Nickel in Razor Blades
- 6 Reasons Your Redhead Skin is Irritated After Shaving
You can hear Stephanie and Adrienne interview Steph on the latest episode of the How to be a Redhead Podcast available directly below, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts:
Want to help us spread the news about the How to be a Redhead brand and this podcast? Please give us a 5-star review and tell your friends (redheads and everyone else) to subscribe.
Want your questions answered on an episode of the podcast? Email H2BARPodcast@gmail.com, or DM us on Instagram @HowtobeaRedhead or TikTok @HowtobeaRedhead. We answer 2-4 questions per podcast so be sure to tune in to hear if we answered yours.
Rock it like a Redhead!