During the spring months, it’s important to focus on hydration as we transfer to a warmer season. The cold dry air can leave your skin vulnerable. If you have sensitive skin (like most redheads do), you may notice redness, irritation, and dry patches forming as a new season starts.
One thing we love adding to our redhead skincare routine this spring is body butter. This rich, moisturizing product will leave your skin soft and hydrated all season long. Body butter is more nourishing than regular lotion and will penetrate the skin deeper to help fight dryness. It can be applied at any time, but we especially love it right after getting out of the shower. Apply to arms and legs, focusing on the knees and elbows. Body butter is also great for your chest and neck.
Look for a body butter with nourishing oils that is sensitive skin safe. Avoid body butter that is filled with drying ingredients like fragrance and alcohol.
Want to add body butter to your skincare? Here are some of our favorites:
1. Weleda Skin Food Body Butter
2. Sky Organics Organic Shea Butter for Body & Face
3. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter
$44, Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter
4. Vaseline Illuminate Me Body Butter
$10, Vaseline Illuminate Me Body Butter
5. Aveeno Skin Relief Intense Moisture Repair Body Cream
$13, Aveeno Skin Relief Intense Moisture Repair Body Cream
6. If you need something a little more lightweight that packs the punch of a body butter, we suggest CETAPHIL Advanced Relief Cream with Shea Butter
$30, CETAPHIL Advanced Relief Cream with Shea Butter
Rock it like a Redhead!
READ: 5 Expert-Backed Winter Skincare Tips For Redheads
READ: 4 Easy Ways Redheads Can Prevent Dry Knees and Elbows During the Winter