We’re big lipstick lovers here at How to be a Redhead. Some redheads shy away from bold lipstick because they feel like having bright hair and vibrant lips is too much, But, we disagree. A gorgeous lipstick can complete a look and elevate your makeup to the next level. This summer and fall, we’re rocking our favorite lipstick colors and we want to share with you our favorite shades, brands + tips:
1. How to be a Redhead Finally Bold® Lipsticks
Yes, you heard it right. Finally Bold® is clean, cruelty-free, vegan and made in the USA. Discover three shades made for redheads. Shop now.
Red lipstick can be a good summer color for redheads because it complements our natural hair color and enhances our features. Redheads often have warm undertones in their skin, and red lipstick can bring out those warm tones, creating a beautiful and vibrant look. Additionally, red lipstick can add a touch of confidence and flair to a summer outfit, making it a popular choice for many redheads during the warmer months. Remember to choose a shade that complements your skin tone and hair color for the best result!
3. Bright Pink: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in ‘ Pink Promise’
Pink lipstick can also be a great option for redheads in the summer. The key is to choose the right shade of pink that complements their hair color and skin tone. Soft, warm-toned pinks can enhance the natural glow of red hair and create a fresh, youthful look. On the other hand, cooler-toned pinks may not complement red hair as well, so it’s essential to try different shades to find the one that suits you best.
Ultimately, makeup is a personal choice, and there are no hard rules. If you feel confident and beautiful in a particular shade of pink lipstick, go for it! Experimenting with different colors can be fun and help you discover what works best for your unique features.
Coral lipstick can be an excellent choice for redheads in the summer! Coral is a versatile color that falls somewhere between pink and orange, and it complements a wide range of skin tones, including those of redheads. The warm undertones in coral lipstick can harmonize beautifully with the natural red hair color, creating a vibrant and lively look that’s perfect for the sunny days of summer.
Like with any lipstick shade, the key is to find the right coral hue that complements your specific skin undertones and hair color. Some corals may have more pink undertones, while others lean towards orange. Experimenting with different shades will help you determine which one enhances your natural features and makes you feel your best. So, if you’re drawn to coral lipstick, don’t hesitate to give it a try and see how it complements your summer style!
5. Pinky Nude: L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche in ‘Nu Confident’
Pinky nude lipstick can be a fantastic option for redheads in the summer! Pinky nude shades combine the natural and subtle appeal of nude colors with a touch of soft pink, creating a flattering and sophisticated look. These shades can complement a redhead’s warm undertones and natural hair color beautifully, adding a subtle pop of color to the lips without overpowering the overall appearance.
Pinky nude lipsticks are versatile and suitable for various occasions, from casual outings to more formal events. They can effortlessly enhance your features and create a fresh, radiant look that’s perfect for the warm and sunny days of summer.
As always, when choosing any lipstick shade, consider trying different tones to find the one that best complements your unique complexion and hair color. What matters most is that you feel confident and comfortable with your choice, so have fun experimenting with different pinky nude lipsticks to find your perfect match!
6. Blue Toned Red: NYX Professional Extra Creamy Lipstick in ‘Snow White’
A blue-toned red lipstick can look stunning on redheads during the summer! The cool undertones in a blue-based red can create a striking contrast against the warm tones in red hair, making the lip color pop and drawing attention to the lips. This contrast can result in a bold and eye-catching look that’s perfect for making a statement in the summertime.
Blue-toned red lipsticks can also help make the teeth appear whiter, which is an added bonus. They are a classic and timeless choice that can work well with a variety of summer outfits, from casual to dressier ensembles.
Remember that personal preference plays a significant role in choosing any lipstick shade, so if you love the idea of a more blue-toned red, go for it! Confidence is key, and rocking a bold lip color can be a fun way to express your style and personality during the summer months.
Lipstick tips for redheads when applying:
Want to make your lipstick last all day in the summer? We’ve got three summer lipstick tips you’ve got to try!
1. Exfoliate Before Applying: Getting a good base will help your lipstick last longer. Use an exfoliating lip scrub to make your lips nice and soft and ready for application.
2. Don’t Skip the Lip Liner: Lip liner is meant to shape the lips and also keep your lipstick locked within the lines. Make sure you use it to avoid any bleeding of the color and keep your lipstick looking amazing.
3. Set With Translucent Powder: The last thing you want is for your lipstick to be running or rubbing off. Like your other makeup, your lipstick can be set using a translucent powder. It will give you more of a matte finish, but you can also top it off with a setting spray to bring back a little shine.
4: To make your lipstick last all day in the summer, follow these tips:
- Exfoliate: Start with smooth lips by exfoliating them gently to remove any dry or flaky skin. This creates a smooth canvas for your lipstick application.
- Moisturize: Hydrate your lips with a lip balm or moisturizer before applying lipstick. This helps prevent your lips from drying out and ensures better adherence of the lipstick.
- Use a lip primer: Applying a lip primer can create a barrier between your lips and the lipstick, helping it stay in place longer.
- Line your lips: Outline your lips with a lip liner that matches your natural lip color or the lipstick shade you’ll be using. This helps prevent feathering and gives your lipstick a defined edge.
- Apply in layers: Apply your lipstick in thin layers, blotting with a tissue in between applications. This builds up the color and increases its longevity.
- Choose long-wear formulas: Opt for long-wear or matte lipsticks, as they tend to stay on for more extended periods.
- Set with powder: For extra staying power, lightly dust translucent powder over your lips or use a tissue to press powder through the tissue onto your lips. This sets the lipstick and helps it last longer.
- Avoid excessive lip licking: Try to avoid licking your lips frequently, as this can remove the lipstick and cause it to fade faster.
- Carry touch-up essentials: Keep your lipstick, lip liner, and a small mirror in your bag for quick touch-ups throughout the day.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated, as this can also help maintain the moisture in your lips and prevent the lipstick from drying out.
Rock it like a Redhead!