Today is National Lipstick Day and we’re here to tell you redheads CAN wear bright lip colors with their red hair. To celebrate, we’re breaking down our favorite ‘redhead friendly’ colors and brands.
*If you have your ‘How to be a Redhead’ Beauty Book handy, turn to page 239 to learn all about how to achieve a glamorous lip.
1. Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick, Enchantress Blush 365, $8: A deliciously infused color that just screams summer. Pair it with a black eyeliner and bold eyebrows.
2. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick Underage Red, $21: Bold, long lasting and free of sulfates, parabens and phthalates. Wear with subtle makeup and a white dress or blouse.
3. Urban Decay Sheer Rapture, $17: This super sheer, shiny finish will leave your red hair and lips looking oh-so-fabulous.
4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Peach Me, $8: Lightweight coverage with a moisturizing formula filled with Vitamin E and Avocado Oil. Complement this shade with a sweep of blush and an earth tone eyeshadow.
5. Make Up For Ever Artist Acrylip 300, $18: Redheads, don’t be afraid to rock orange. This highly pigmented lipstick lets your freckles and fair skin shine even brighter.
6. Red Apple Lipstick Coral Crush, $23: Bring out the coral! This pinkish-orange color is vegan, gluten-free, allergen free and cruelty-free.
7. Pixi Mattelustre Lipstick Pure Fuchsia, $23: Similar to oranges, we’re here to debunk the myth that redheads cannot wear fuchsia. This color adds vibrancy to a redheads skin and hair. Pair with a light bronzer and neutral top.
8. MAC Liptensity Lipstick in Ambrosial, $21: We love a great purple, especially one with a creamy, satin finish. Pair with a denim dress, making sure to go light on the rest of your makeup.
9. Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick Coral Blossom, $17: This moisturizing, refreshing lipstick is the perfect choice if you’re heading to a summertime cookout or beach outing.
10. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor Very Cherry, $7: Every redhead needs a lush red lipstick in their makeup bag. Pair with your fabulous red hair and a dark liquid eyeliner for a night on the town.
BONUS: Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip – Naked Pink, $28: This super-pigmented liquid lipstick is a great everyday color. It lasts all day and comes in a unique squeezable tube that’s easy to carry.
Which shade will you be rockin’ this summer? Share below!