By: Andrea Claire
I know some of you just didn’t get the blue cross-hatched liner I wrote about last month. That’s okay, redheads. We all can’t love everything. This time I want to tell you about the brillance of applying lipstick to the cheeks!
My latest love is with L’Oreal Paris’ Colour Riche Nude Collection. I specifically use the color, ‘Julianne’s Nude’ which L’Oreal Paris created exclusively for women with fair skin inspired by their spokeswoman, Julianne Moore. You can guarantee it’s a great color for our lips. No brainer. High-freckled-fives all around. BUT, it can also be used as a fabulous cream blush.
READ: Vogue’s ‘Fire Starters’ Spread: A Look At Julianne Moore & Other Redhead Stars
Like most of you (and what I encourage), I don’t want to cover my freckles. Who wants to cover up beauty? Get the look here:
1. I prepped my skin with Dermalogica.
2. My foundation is a mix of Bobbi Brown 3.25 and Da Lish F01.
3. Two finger widths away from the sides of your nose, apply a left-handed check mark with ‘Julianne’s Nude’ to your left cheek, and a right-handed check mark to your right cheek.
4. Blend with the pads of your fingers vs a makeup brush as the heat of your fingers melts the lipstick for a better blend. You won’t breakout unless you have an allergy.
5. Highlight the tops of your cheeks, brow bones, bridge of nose, chin and forehead with a dusting of MAC Cosmetics SHROOM eyeshadow. I like to use a large dome eyeshadow brush for a diffused application. You can also hit the bow of your lip too. It adds to a pretty pout.
6. I finished with Charlotte Tilbury ‘Pillow Talk’ lip liner and followed with NARS ‘Chelsea Girls’ lip lacquer only on the middle of my lips.
READ: The Best Blush Choices for Redheads
Rock it like a Redhead!