Updated: May 25th, 2023
Are you looking to dye your hair red, or enhance your natural red hair? Here are Hartman’s top tips:
REDHEADS ‘BY CHOICE’
1. “Never let anyone tell you you’re not really a ginger!” (laughs)
2. “Pick the red undertone that’s right for you and your skin tone,” says Hartman. “For example, redheads with olive skin tones need more violet and red undertones, while pink/pale skin tones need more gold and copper undertones.”
3. “In between color touchups, go into your salon and get a color gloss to stay looking bright and believable. Not faded and fake!”
4. “If you’re a natural redhead, clear glosses can make your hair look enhanced and natural without the need of hair dye.”
Looking for a redhead-approved gloss, look no further:
It took many years to custom-make the Finally Glossy® formula and we’re so excited for redheads to enjoy it. We’re thrilled to release another clean redhead beauty product. It is paraben-free, cruelty-free, sulfate-free, petroleum-free, mineral-oil, and vegan. It also contains no perfume, is free of gluten and is silicone-free, phthalate-free, formaldehyde-free and cocamidopropyl betaine-free. This clean formula is formulated with Vitamin B3, olive oil, coconut oil and green tea.
5. “A trend that’s hot for fall right now is to ask your colorist to do a balayage effect on a few pieces before he/she puts your color all over your strands. This is easy way to add some subtle dimension without straying from your gingery ways!”
Rock it like a Redhead!
Photo Credit: Nicky Clarke