For light-browed redheads and strawberry blondes, finding the right eyebrow shade can be a struggle. We have seen more brands catering to redheads recently, but there are still limited options, especially for those strawberry blondes whose hair is lighter than your average redheads.
Brow product application tips for strawberry blondes
Half the battle for the lighter-haired redheads is application. Most of these products are really designed with a darker red, auburn color in mind so often they can appear too dark. Here are a few tips for applying redhead brow products so they work with your shade of red.
- Remove Excess: When using a brow gel, the wand often comes out quite coated in product. This might be fine for someone with darker brows, but for strawberry blondes, your brows will end up too dark really fast. Instead, wipe off as much excess as you can on the edges of the tube opening, or even with a tissue. Then apply light strokes to build the color and coverage.
- Use Pencil + Clear Gel: As mentioned, many gels are intended for darker shades of red. If you want a nice light color, try skipping the tinted gel and opt for a light brow pencil and clear brow gel combo instead. The pencil will add in some color and fill sparse areas and the clear gel will lock brows in place.
- Try a Powder: Another great option for a lighter look is to try a brow powder. It often gives a lighter color that will appear more natural with your strawberry blonde hair. Powder products can also be set with clear gel or even brow wax.
Here is our ultimate list for strawberry blondes:
- H2BAR FAV: Universal Red – Finally Have Brows Brow Gel
- H2BAR FAV: Universal Red – Finally Have Brows Ultra Fine Redhead Brow Pencil
- Blonde – NYX Micro Brow Pencil
- Strawburn – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Ultra-Slim Precision Brow Pencil
- Caramel – Anastasia Beverly Hills Ombre Effect Long Wearing Brow Powder Duo
READ: Redhead Makeup Tips 101 for Strawberry Blondes
READ: Blondes & Brunettes: 3 Easy Ways To Pick The Perfect Shade of Red
Rock it like a Redhead!