By: Kiera Doyle, New York City Editorial Hair Stylist
This look is a perfect look for any redhead
this holiday season. This bun may appear to be just a regular braided bun, but it isn’t! The braid is actually closer on the back of the head rather than a loose bun at the back of the head. The knotting of the hair gives it a cool texture too.
1. Slick hair back and split top into two two inch sections (as though you are about to put hair into a half up pony tail.)
2.Tie sections in a knot.
3. Pick up another two inch section from the left and the right side of the head, marry into the tails of the previously knotted hair and knot again.
4. Continue to work until you have reached the hair at the nape of the neck.
5. Knot the remaining tail until there is no hair left.
6. Use redhead bobby pin to secure up do in place.
7. For extra sparkle, add a jeweled head band!
Rock it like a Redhead!
Photos © How to be a Redhead. Co-Founder of How to be a Redhead, Stephanie Vendetti