Not all hair products are made to suit curly hair. Many lack the curl-defining properties and even the hydration needed to keep curls frizz-free and looking great. When you have red curly hair, there is another element added to the haircare cycle because red hair is typically more coarse, frizzy and red hair is usually thicker. We’re here to help you discover the best curls.
The first step to great curls is washing red curly hair effectively.
Follow these steps and then scroll for our product recommendations:
1. Choose the right shampoo and conditioner: Use products specifically designed for curly hair, as they tend to be more hydrating. Look for sulfate-free and color-safe options to preserve the vibrancy of your red hair.
2. Wet your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water: Avoid using hot water, as it can strip your hair of its natural oils and make it frizzy.
3. Apply shampoo: Gently massage a small amount of shampoo into your scalp, focusing on the roots. Avoid vigorously scrubbing, as this can lead to frizz and tangling. Rinse thoroughly.
4. Condition your hair: Apply a generous amount of conditioner, focusing on the lengths and ends of your hair. Use a wide-toothed comb or your fingers to detangle while the conditioner is in your hair. Leave the conditioner on for a few minutes for extra moisture.
5. Rinse with cool water: Cool water helps seal the hair cuticle and reduce frizz. Rinse out the conditioner completely.
6. Use a microfiber towel or an old T-shirt to blot your hair gently: Avoid rubbing your hair with a regular towel, as it can cause frizz.
7. Apply a leave-in conditioner or curl-defining product: This can help maintain moisture and define your curls.
8. Style your hair as desired: You can air-dry your hair or use a diffuser attachment on your hairdryer to enhance your curls.
Remember, curly hair can be more prone to dryness, so it’s important to use hydrating products and avoid over-washing. How often you wash your hair will depend on your individual needs and lifestyle, but it’s generally recommended to wash curly hair 2-3 times a week or as needed.
For our curly and wavy-haired redheads, here are 10 shampoo and conditioner sets that will nourish your red curls so they are bouncy and beautiful:
With coconut oil, vitamin E, and neem oil, this shampoo and conditioner set helps to define red curls while giving you frizz control and adding shine.
Shea butter, marula oil, aloe, and coconut oil add a punch of moisture and also make this set safe for dry, damaged, and colored curly red hair.
Seal in moisture with hyaluronic acid and castor oil. This set is super hydrating and works wonders on curly and wavy red hair.
Coconut and Australian jojoba oil nourish locks while helping to define curls and reduce frizz.
Replenish and reconstruct your strands with silk proteins that leave incredible shine and help to smooth your curls for a frizz-free look.
This set is more than just a shampoo and conditioner. There’s also a leave-in curl-defining cream and a hair mask to help your red curls have their most volume, body, and shine.
Along with the hydrating and enhancing shampoo and conditioner this set is complete with a curl-defining cream to help you form gorgeous curls.
For dry, brittle, or dull red curls, this clean formula is a must for adding moisture and shine the natural way.
Strengthen, nourish, and hydrate your curls and your scalp with this vegan set that is perfect for all types of hair including curly and wavy.
Rock it like a Redhead!