By: Carmina Alvarez
All redheads should be rockin’ braids this spring because styles are versatile and look great with red hair! The best part about braids is that you can change them up to create your own signature look. From the Fishtail Braid to more intricate crisscrossed designs across the head, the braid is a very fresh look for Spring/Summer 2013.
To achieve the perfect braid, you will need:
Bobby Pins (preferably the redhead bobby pins!)
Clear Elastic Bands.
Tips Before Braiding:
First, apply hair mousse to create a lot of hair texture and to keep the braid(s) in place. Applying hair mousse is especially good if you have very straight hair because it keeps the braid from falling apart and the bobby pins from slipping.
If you have curly hair, apply a good serum or anti-frizz spray and braid away!
Quick Braiding Ideas:
1. A Crown Braid: If you do not have time to be fussy perfecting a braid, one of the fastest ways is to braid the crown of your head and quickly secure with bobby pins.
2. A Bun Braid: One way to get a perfect bun is by using a hair styling ring. Wrap your hair around it, leaving pieces of hair out to construct your braid. Secure the ring with an elastic band or bobby pins. Then wrap the braid around the bun and secure it with bobby pins.
3. A Single Braid: This style is usually down the back of the head or on the side.Apply a good hair serum like Kérastase’s Cristallise Lumiere Liquide and braid away. Remember to comb you hair before making the braid to get rid of knots.
4. A Messy Braid to the Side: This is the perfect, effortless look for spring. Comb through your hair to get rid of knots and remember to apply some anti-frizz spray like John Frieda’s Frizz Ease Curl-Defining Spray Gel. Secure with a clear elastic band.
5. A Fishtail Braid: It is one of the most popular trends this season!
The options are endless, ladies! Rock it like a Redhead.
Photo Credit: Kara Kochalko, © How to be a Redhead