By: Rebecca Leslie
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and pink ribbons are spotted everywhere. Montreal recently hosted The Weekend to End Women’s Cancers and I, a Canadian redhead, walked 60 km to raise awareness and funds!
What better time to add some pops of pink to our fall and winter “redhead friendly” wardrobe?! Forget the age-old tale that redheads can’t wear red and pink; the right shades colors will make your complexion shine!
Here are some inspirations to work pink into your wardrobe:
1. Subtly aim for splashes of pink in your accessories. Think Miu Miu Pink Leather Gloves and Matelassé Leather Wallet.
2. Strut your stuff with a neutral outfit and pink pumps. Think Badgley Mischka Randall Pumps in Pink Satin.
3. Wear a neutral color on top so your red locks stand out. Then let your pants or skirt be the statement pink piece. Think Sonia Rykiel’s Tweed-Effect Wool and Cashmere-Blend Skirt.
4. Let go of all inhibitions with daring head-to-toe pink that will get heads turning. Think Alexander McQueen Flower Blossom 3D Jacquard Pencil Dress.
5. Play up your red hair and pink pout with Revlon’s Lip Butter in Pink Truffle.
6. Pack a pink punch in the bedroom with Agent Provocateur’s Novah lace-trimmed stretch-silk chemise.
Defy rules and conventions, expectations and judgement. Redheads are wearing pink this October!