Summer is in full swing, redheads! So, with all of the fun this season has to offer, don’t let humidity become an issue.
Follow these do’s and don’ts for a frizz and shine-free look all summer long!
If you’re a redhead with curly, wavy and/or frizz-prone hair, these hair tips are for you:
1. DO: Use hair serums before and after styling. Keratin and argan oils work wonders for keeping frizz at bay. You can also use a lightweight hairspray to finish off and set your look. Bonus tip: Use a toothbrush spritzed with hairspray to smooth down flyaways.
2. DON’T: Fight the natural texture of your hair. On days that forecast extreme humidity, do yourself a favor and use products that enhance your hair type, rather than fight it. For example, if you have straight hair, wait to curl it and instead opt for a sea salt spray to give your hair a little texture and movement. Likewise, if you have curly or wavy hair, don’t pull out the straightener before a thunderstorm or day at the beach. Instead, use products that smooth and enhance your curl pattern.
3. DO: Rinse your hair with very cold water after washing and conditioning it. This seals the cuticles on the shaft of the hair helping to naturally keep the hair smooth.
4. DON’T: Wash your hair every day. This strips it of its natural oils which actually help prevent frizz. Also, second-day hair is actually easier to style because of these oils!
5. DO: Keep a no-kink hair tie or cute headband in your bag. If all else fails, pull your hair back into a braid, or hide face-framing frizz under a hair accessory.
7. DON’T: Use a heavy foundation. Opt for a lightweight tinted moisturizer (with SPF!) to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh all day. Only use a slightly heavier hand if you’d like to cover blemishes or dark spots, otherwise, let your skin breath a bit.
8. DO: Use a makeup setting spray. If your look calls for something a little heavier than au natural, use a mist that will lock your look in place.
9. DON’T: Forget that great makeup application starts with skincare. Be sure to wash your makeup off before bed every night, use a great ‘redhead friendly’ moisturizer every day, and exfoliate a few times a week to slough off dead skin.
10. DO: Keep oil-absorbing sheets close by. If you find yourself getting shiny, these will soak up the oil accumulation on your face without disturbing your makeup.
Rock it like a Redhead!