Updated: November 5, 2021
Growing up, I didn’t notice too many characters on television with red hair. It always made me feel a little different and question if there were more people out there like myself.
It took some time for me to fully embrace being a redhead, and my only regret is wishing that I would have done that sooner.
In honor of National Love Your Red Hair Day, I am giving you my top five reasons as to why being a redhead is totally awesome:
1. Redheads only make up about 2 percent of the population, so you just know that we are super unique.
And, we have our own beauty subscription box. USE CODE: LOVE to receive 25% off your H2BAR Box! Only today in honor of National Love Your Red Hair Day
2. We have a national day named in our honor! Sorry, but other hair shades do not get this treatment.
Happy National Love Your Red Hair Day, redheads!
3. We have a few Disney stars with the coolest most fire-engine-red hair – Ariel & Merida.
4. Redheads have had royal status.
Did you know Queen Elizabeth I was a famous redhead? Yes, we are regal.
5. We know how to stand out in a crowd!
Red hair comes in so many different shades yet each one is completely unique.
Despite having a list of why being a redhead is totally awesome, the more important part is to fully embrace who you are, red hair or not. If you do this, you’re definitely winning.
Rock it like a Redhead