Spring is here and that means it’s time to transition out of winter skincare products and focus on those that are lightweight and non-greasy. Every redhead should incorporate serums and oils into their beauty routine. They are super hydrating and a great foundation for maintaining moisture, while providing an amazing glow.
First, let’s lay down the difference between the two:
-Facial oil is extracted from plants and herbs and add hydration to the skin. Great for those with sensitive, dry skin types.
-Serum contain less oil and have very concentrated properties; i.e. tones, brightens, works with fine lines and wrinkles, etc. They tend to absorb quickly into the skin.
How to incorporate facial oils and serums in your routine:
1. After cleansing, add 2 drops of the serum or oil to the palms of your clean fingers and rub together. Remember: a little goes a long way.
2. Gently apply throughout your face and neck. You can follow with your daily moisturizer or leave it out, this depends on how your skin feels. Wait about 10 minutes before applying your makeup.
2016 ‘Redhead Friendly’ approved oils & serums:
1. L’Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil – This product is lightweight and non-greasy – a double check mark. Plus, it’s super affordable at $14.
2. Hollybeth Organics Face & Neck Elixir – This USDA Certified Organic face & neck elixir is packed with Vitamins A, C, E and K. It also heals, protects and soothes irritation and redness.
3. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II – Radiant skin is here to stay with this powerful product. Don’t let the word ‘night’ keep you from using it in the morning, go ahead and use it in the morning too.
4. Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Organic Argan Face Serum – This highly concentrated face treatment contains Apricot kernel oil and Rosehip oil, which are both super moisturizing oils. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free.
5. MADARA Cosmetics Soothing Hydration Organic Facial Oil – Obsession doesn’t even describe the love we have for this product. Packed with black currant and cranberry seeds, this face oil is super hydrating and once applied, it doesn’t even feel like you have anything on. 6. AHAVA Dead Sea Crystal Osmoter™ X6 Facial Serum – This mineral-concentrated oil-based serum is super moisturizing and goes on very light. It’s worth every penny.
Bonus! #7: And, of course: Spectrum Naturals Organic Refined Coconut Oil – We at How to be a Redhead have an unconditional love for coconut oil. Read 5 Reasons Every Redhead Should Use Coconut Oil
Rock it like a Redhead!