We’re here to talk all about serums. Redheads, have you noticed (sometimes) when you apply lotion after cleansing your face still feels stiff and dry? We recommend incorporating a serum int your daily skincare routine.
A serum isn’t a facial oil. In fact, it is the complete opposite. The biggest difference between a serum and a cream or lotion is what the formulation doesn’t include. Serums leave out occlusive, or airtight, moisturizing ingredients such as petrolatum or mineral oil that keep water from evaporating. It also contains fewer lubricating and thickening agents, like nut or seed oils. Most serums are water-based, eliminating oils altogether.
The beauty of a serum is it is fast absorbing, light and hydrating. They also combat aging, making you look younger –– surely every redhead wants this! Just one piece of advice, a little serum goes a long way. A tiny pea-sized will last all day.
How to properly use a facial serum:
1. Cleanse your face with warm water. Rinse with cool.
2. Apply the serum to your damp skin to lock in moisture.
3. Seal it in with your favorite moisturizer.
Looking for a serum to include in your beauty routine? These 5 products have been tested on a redhead’s skin & deemed ‘Redhead Friendly’:
1. Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum
2. Derma‑E Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
3. PCA SKIN Rejuvenating Serum
4. Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Intensive Renewal Serum
5. Josie Maran Matchmaker Argan Serum Foundation with Brush
6. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Vitamin C Day Serum
7. TULA Probiotic Skin Care Volume Defense Deep Wrinkle Serum
Rock it like a Redhead!