Updated: May 25th, 2023
Are you looking for ‘redhead friendly’ sulfate-free shampoo? You’ve come to the right place!
Sulfates cause harm, damage, and all-around unpleasantness for red hair. We’ve heard the term “sulfate-free,” but we can’t always trust labels. Essentially, sulfates are what make a shampoo develop into a thick lather in the shower when mixed with water. The ingredient is standard in the majority of shampoos and even found in household cleaners. We want to avoid sulfates because of the damaging effects they yield to our tresses, such as frizziness and harm to color-treated hair. The damaging ingredient goes by several names, so be on the lookout for sodium laureate sulfate and ammonium lauryl sulfate.
Redheads with sensitive skin can endure harsh reactions to sulfate shampoos; allergies, eczema and irritation of the scalp are all possible adverse health reactions associated with sulfate shampoos. Looking to revamp your shampoo selection this spring? Delve into a variety of sulfate-free offerings:
1. Finally Glossy® Shine & Luminosity Shampoo for Redheads: It took many years to custom-make the Finally Glossy® formula and we’re so excited for redheads to enjoy it. We’re thrilled to release another clean redhead beauty product. It is paraben-free, cruelty-free, sulfate-free, petroleum-free, mineral-oil, and vegan. It also contains no perfume, is free of gluten and is silicone-free, phthalate-free, formaldehyde-free and cocamidopropyl betaine-free. This clean formula is formulated with Vitamin B3, olive oil, coconut oil and green tea.
2. Aveda Madder Root Shampoo: It restores warm hues of red the natural way, with organically grown ingredients. The formula features purifying ingredients for scalp nourishment and is gentle, providing the perfect restorative formula for sensitive skin.
3. Sexy Hair Concepts Smooth Sexy Hair Smoothing Shampoo: This smoothing shampoo cleanses and helps provide smoothness, hydration and shine to unruly red hair.
4. AG Smooth Shampoo: The entire “Smooth Line” is infused with argan oil, rich in antioxidants and vitamin E to keep red hair smooth and soft. The Smooth formula is designed to transform tick, coarse or kinky hair into soft, frizz-free stands. Gentle and color-safe, the sans sulfate formula creates a great lather.
5. Pureology Reviving Red Shampoo: This shampoo (featured in the H2BAR Box) is designed to protect red hair, whether it’s natural or color-treated! This vegan-friendly formula boasts ingredients such as green tea, sugar cane, citrus, apple, wine and mushroom extracts.
Remember reds, read labels and choose wisely when selecting a cleanser for your most prized asset. Cheers to new beginnings this spring.
Rock it like a Redhead!