Finding products for oily redhead skin can be tough, and the idea of slathering on another layer in the summer is almost unbearable. But, SPF is a must for redheads, even those with oily skin. Here are some of our favorite SPF products for oily skin redheads and some tips on keeping safe this spring and summer.
1. Check the Bottle: When shopping around for a facial sunscreen there are a few things you can look for. The optimal sunscreen for oily skinned redheads will have the following:
- Minimum SPF of 30
- Broad Spectrum
- Non Pore Clogging
2. Double Up: If you want some coverage with your sunscreen, but worry about adding too many products to your oily face, opt for a tinted sunscreen instead. This will give your skin a nice finish without feeling weighed down by too many products.
3. Use Sweat/Water Resistant SPF: Chances are if you’ve got oily skin, you’re going to need some help keeping your products on your face on a hot day. Opt for something that’s sweat/water resistant to help keep it in place.
4. Try Something Matte: There are mattifying sunscreens that can help you to achieve a more matte finish to your face. Additionally, you can opt for a powder sunscreen over top of your makeup to hold it in place and blot out any oils. Pair this with a liquid sunscreen underneath and you’ll be all set!
Redhead-Approved Sunscreens for Oily Skin
- Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen ($34)
- EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen SPF 46 ($37)
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid ($31)
Rock it like a Redhead!