St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect day to add the most complementary color to a redhead’s makeup palette. Green eyeshadow may seem a little intimidating if you are used to neutral colors but green can be a really fun color to experiment with. It can be used simply as an eyeliner or as a wash of color to the lid, depending on how neutral or bold you would like it to look. Greens come in a variety of shades and tones. From a soft minty green to a dark emerald or forest green, there is something for everyone.
In order to pick the best color green eyeshadow, decide if you have warm or cool-toned skin. The easiest way to do this is to look at your wrists. If you have more bluish veins you are cool-toned. If your veins appear greener you are warm-toned. And, if you can’t tell and seem to have a little of both you are neutral. This means you can experiment with pretty much any tone.
The warmer greens typically have more yellow to them whereas the cooler greens have more of a blue tint.
Here are some beautiful green eyeshadows that are sure to complement your luscious red locks:
3. MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Steamy can be a great option if you have a neutral (or even cool) tone. Try using it as an eyeliner or cover your entire lid for a more dramatic look. $16 (Shop now)
4. bareMinerals Green Mineral Eyeshadow in Soiree is a rich everyday shadow that is buildable and playful. $15 (Shop now)
5. MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow in New Crop is a fun, highly pigmented color that will make your eyes pop. $16 (Shop now)
6. Kjaer Weis Green Depth Eye Shadow is a gorgeous true green shadow with flecks of light-catching gold. Opt to use this for your next smokey eye. $45 (Shop now)
If you’re a palette kinda gal and want to explore with different colors, ranging from cool to warm-toned, we suggest getting one of these fabulous palettes:
7. Makeup Revolution Mint Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette, $15
8. CLINIQUE All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette Wear Everywhere Greens, $37
Rock it like a Redhead!