Niacinamide is a vitamin B-3 essential nutrient that aids in general skin health. Niacinamide can be found in supplements and also in foods. Here are a few of the benefits of niacinamide:
- Improved immune health
- Reduced inflammation
- Minimized pore appearances
- Oil regulation
- Protection from sun damage
- Combats hyperpigmentation
- Reduces signs of aging
- Fights acne
Niacinamide can be found in skincare products, typically in 5% doses or less. While the products with a 5% dose can be really helpful for hyperpigmentation and damage that is related to overexposure to the sun, it may be too much for sensitive skin. Since many redheads have sensitive skin, you may want to look for something with around 2%, test the product before applying all over or reduce until you know how your skin reacts with it.
Here are some redhead-approved products that contain niacinamide:
1. CETAPHIL Deep Hydration Healthy Glow Daily Face Cream
2. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
3. Olay Tone Perfection Serum with Niacinamide & Vitamin C
4. Glossier Super Pure 5% Niacinamide + Zinc Serum
Foods also contain the vitamin B-3:
Incorporating these foods that are high in vitamin B-3 may help to aid your overall skin health, but for skincare concerns, it is recommended that you use the niacinamide topically in the form of a serum or cream.
- Green Veggies
Would you try it?
em>Rock it like a Redhead!