Updated on 5/8/2018
Green Thumb Basket:
My mom’s favorite thing to do is work in her garden, but redhead moms with fair skin always have to be more cautious about the time they spend in the sun. Here are some great gift ideas for making sure your mom can get her hands dirty, while staying beautiful at the same time:
1. Floppy garden hat: Target has some very cute and inexpensive floppy-brimmed hats in a variety of colors that are sure to keep your mom looking stylish while protecting her from the summer sun. I’ll be buying my mom the traditional straw-colored “A New Day”. Hope you’re not reading this, mom.
2. Sunscreen/moisturizer duo: If your mom is a redhead or has fair skin like you do, I suggest Aveeno Broad Spectrum SPF 30. It’s lightweight, so she can wear it all day.
READ: 10 Reasons Every Redhead Should Love Julianne Moore
3. Lip balm: Gardeners love Burt’s Bees products and so do I. I prefer the classic beeswax balm, but Burt makes a variety formulas for your mother’s specific lip-nourishing needs.
4. Garden gloves and “mani-pedi” gift card: Don’t let your mother’s green thumbs take a beating. Protect them with her favorite style of garden gloves, then take her out for a nice mani-pedi.
5. Add fresh flowers and a few vintage seed packets to this basket to finish up the look.
A mother’s job is never done, and with all the hard work our moms do on a daily basis, they deserve a chance to unwind. Here are some gift ideas that will help your mom get that much needed R&R.
1. Face mask: The First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask is great for sensitive skin. It contains soothing oatmeal, shea butter, and is fragrance and dye-free.
2. Foot cream: It’s sandal season, which for my mom means dry feet and cracked heels. Your mom will love the ‘Heel of Approval’ cracked heel treatment from Bath & Body Works. Her feet will feel smoother with every use.
3. Argan oil: If you haven’t heard yet, argan oil is a must-have skin and hair product for redheads! The results will speak for themselves.
4. New pillow, sheets, and massage gift card: Take your mom out for a relaxing massage, and then send her home to curl up with a comfy pillow and a fresh set of sheets. It’s your mom, so go ahead a splurge for that higher thread-count.
5. Top this basket off with her favorite bottle of wine to help her unwind at the end of a long day.
Fit and Fabulous Basket:
If you’re the daughter of a health-conscious mom, here are some Mother’s Day gift ideas that are sure to keep her looking fit and fabulous all year long.
1. Dark chocolate: Chocolate is always a popular Mother’s Day gift, but let’s ditch the milk chocolate this year and opt for a smooth dark chocolate with less sugar and fewer calories instead. The antioxidants in dark chocolate are not only good for redheads’ sensitive skin, but are also known to help with heart disease and other illnesses. One of my mom’s favorites is the Ghirardelli Intense Dark Raspberry Radiance.
2. Fit Bit: Get one for your mom and one for you! You will be able to track each others steps and stay healthy together.
3. Water bottle with fruit-infuser: The AdNArt FlavourIt glass water bottle is an inexpensive and stylish way to add a splash of flavor to your mom’s water. Supposedly watermelon is the best infused fruit to fight skin-aging, while kiwi contains zinc, necessary for keeping hair, skin, teeth, and nails healthy.
4. Yoga mat and gift card to a local studio: Give your mom the opportunity to experience the many physical and mental health benefits that come with practicing yoga.
5. Personalize this gift basket with a new playlist created just for your mom and a pair of Yurbuds sport earphones to keep her rocking like a redhead during her work-outs.
Our moms are the most beautiful women in our lives, so let’s treat them to something special this Mother’s Day. And, don’t forget to thank your mom for giving you life and great head of red hair.
Rock it like a Redhead!