When anyone thinks of a redhead celebrity, one name comes up: Julianne Moore. She has been a role model for every redhead and even for those who aren’t blessed with the red hue. Moore is adored for her charitable giving, strong message to embrace who you are and of course, her red hair.
Here are 12 reasons why everyone should love Julianne Moore:
1. She is the poster-celebrity for natural redheads everywhere.
“We redheads are a minority, we tend to notice each other – you know, and notice our identity.”
2. She wrote the children’s book, Freckleface Strawberry.
It is a series about a little girl with freckles who is learning to love the skin she’s in! The book turned into a musical in 2012.
3. She never fails to awe us with ‘redhead friendly’ choices on the red carpet.
4. Redheads run in her family!
Her ‘mini-me,’ also known as her daughter, Liv Helen, has been blessed with red, vibrant locks.
5. She was bullied as a redhead but learned to appreciate and embrace her unique self.
6. Even when she has to dye her hair for a movie role, she goes back to her red roots right away.
She went blonde for the film Blindness and told Guardian afterward, “I couldn’t wait to get back to my normal color.”
7. She has a big heart.
She has been involved with over 15 different charities and always gives back to the community.
8. She knows how to rock a wig!
Julianne Moore played President Coin, leader of the renegade District 13 in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1.
9. Her street style.
No explanation needed.
10. Those gorgeous freckles!
11. She knows how to rock strong eye makeup, but it never seems to be too much.
12. Like every true redhead, she’s an SPF advocate.
She’s known to wear SPF every single day, rain or shine, and has the porcelain skin to prove it. “I have sunscreen on my face every day. If I’m walking on the sunny side of the street, I’ll walk to the shady side. I’m too uncomfortable in the sun.”