By: Tessa Viole
The spring and summer is always a popular time to get married or attend weddings. Whether you’re the bride-to-be or in the wedding party, your makeup is your most important accessory (next to your red hair, of course). Keep in mind that both daytime weddings and nighttime weddings will require different looks and colors. We already know the basic wedding makeup tips for redheads, but what are the “musts” for daytime and nightime weddings?
Keep things simple but glamorous. This can be done with subtle colors or just one big pop of color to accentuate a certain facial feature. Here are the tip 3 tips for a daytime wedding look:
1. For the bride, neutral face and eye makeup paired with a dark berry colored lip will make you look “vampy” in the best way. It certainly adds a nice pop of color to your white wedding dress. The same can apply with a brighter colored lip.
2. Au naturale is always a great look to sport. Just stick to neutral colors all over as well as highlighter.
3. Make sure your eyelashes and eyebrows are filled in and pop. Many redheads have blonde lashes and brows, so you want to make sure to emphasize those features on your big day, especially for the photo sessions.
These tips can also work well for a redhead bridesmaid!
This is the time where it’s more acceptable to play with bolder colors in more places. Here are some tips:
1. A smoky eye and bold red lip is a perfect bridal look. For either the bride or bridesmaid, smokey eyes create a captivating look.
2. For a chic, versatile bridesmaid look dewy, glowing skin is in! A glossed lip and shimmery eyes ties the look together.
3. Matching a pink lip to your pink blush will definitely give off a great colorful vibe to play up your gown.
4. The cat eye gives off a modern look and can be suitable for the daytime depending on the lip color.
5. A darker, bolder lip works better for night while a lighter lip is a nice daytime look.
Rock it like a Redhead!
Photo Credit: Wedding Hair + Bridal Beauty of Spring 2013