Has anyone else noticed that celebrities are posting photos left & right in mermaid costumes? There is definitely a fascination with Ariel from Disney’s The Little Mermaid and we aren’t complaining! It’s wonderful to see redheads in the spotlight.
1. North West and Penelope Disick dressed up as and played with mermaids while on vacation in St. Barts in August 2015.
2. Britney Spears loved living the “mermaid life” with her sons by the pool this summer.
But, let’s take a look through history to confirm that celebrities really want to be redheads — *cough cough* — we mean, mermaids.
3. Vanessa Hudgens posed to support projectmermaids.com, an ocean conservation initiative, in 2013.
4. Anna Kendrick sang Kesha and Britney while spoofing The Little Mermaid on SNL.
5. Reese Witherspoon, then 25, appeared with Will Ferrell in a Little Mermaid sketch on SNL in 2001.
6. On the Disney-themed episode of Dancing With the Stars, Candace Cameron Bure danced with Mark Ballas to “Under the Sea.”
7. Meredith Vieira did her best Ariel on set for The Today Show in 2006.
8. Bella Thorne — who already has perfect mermaid hair — posed in a behind-the-scenes photo for projectmermaids.com in 2013.
What are your thoughts on this mermaid love? Comment below.
Rock it like a Redhead!