Updated: October 25th, 2023
Natural and ‘by choice’ redheads have a similar hair question, “My hair is fading. How can I make it naturally vibrant?” There are some temporary natural remedies, but color-depositing shampoos always hit the ball out of the park.
Color-depositing shampoos naturally deposit color in the hair as you wash your copper locks. If you’re a natural redhead, add this to your beauty routine a few times a week, and if you’re a redhead ‘by choice’, use this regularly to lengthen time in-between your trips to the salon.
In the recent years, more shampoo companies have begun targeting redheads — and we’re so thankful! We’ve tested and approved several color-depositing ‘Redhead Friendly’ shampoos. You won’t have to worry about your scalp being dyed red (yes, unfortunately, it can happen with some shampoos) and your hair will look vibrant in a subtle, natural way.
Get ready for people to stop you and say, “Your hair looks so red today!”
1. Quantum Riveting Reds Color Replenishing Shampoo gently cleanses and moisturizes with vitamin C, wheat protein and red henna extract. The shampoo is infused with sunflower seed extract to deposit color refreshing elements and to protect hair color from fading. Reds will appear brighter and more luminous. Recommended for use on any red shade ranging from copper, strawberry blonde to mahogany.
2. If you were a fan of ARTec Loreal Professionnel Color Depositing Shampoo, you must have been sad (just like us) when it was discontinued. An excellent and very comparable line to Artec is the new Pure Blends Color Depositing Shampoos. Just like Artec, they have 3 different shades of red: Red, Cherry, Chestnut. The shampoo maintains the brightness of red hair.
3. How to be a Redhead recommended Davines Alchemic Shampoo in ‘Red’ in its New York Times feature, and for a good reason. This product, made in Italy, is a true luxury and makes red hair pop with 1-2 shampoos.
4. As many of you know, we’re big fans of Pureology’s Reviving Red product line because it was made for redheads! Its line consists of shampoo, conditioner and a color depositing serum.
5. Not too sure if color depositing shampoo is right for you? Try a shampoo like Nexxus Color Assure Rebalancing Shampoo. It gently cleanses and nourishes hair with a creamy rich lather, helping to protect color vibrancy.Nexxus Color Assure Rebalancing Shampoo
If you are looking for an alternative to color depositing shampoo, look no further:
It took many years to custom-make the Finally Glossy® formula and we’re so excited for redheads to enjoy it. We’re thrilled to release another clean redhead beauty product. It is paraben-free, cruelty-free, sulfate-free, petroleum-free, mineral-oil, and vegan. It also contains no perfume, is free of gluten and is silicone-free, phthalate-free, formaldehyde-free and cocamidopropyl betaine-free. This clean formula is formulated with Vitamin B3, olive oil, coconut oil and green tea.
Looking for the perfect hair towel to go with your new shampoo? Look no further!
When drying your hair opt to use a microfiber towel! Introducing the How to be a Redhead Soft Microfiber Hair Towel for Redheads. Because wet hair is at its most vulnerable, this custom microfiber towel gently and carefully absorbs moisture from your red hair and dries it quickly, all while protecting it from stretching and breakage. This design is uniquely shaped to wrap all of your hair securely (no matter the length), with an elastic strap to comfortably keep things in place. Your hair journey starts here, redheads.
Rock it like a Redhead!
Photo Credit: Anastasia Fursova