Are you a redhead who loves to shower? Every woman needs time to think and relax, while washing their gorgeous red locks and caring for their delicate, sensitive skin. Over the years, How to be a Redhead has tested and approved (or, disapproved) many shower products. Some are fads, some show their true colors after 1-2 tries, while others stay for a long time. The ones that stick around are our true must-have’s.
Here are 5 shower essentials every redhead needs. Trust us, your skin (and red hair) will thank you:
1. SHHHOWERCAP: Say goodbye to those grandma shower caps with the frills and lace, or the flimsy plastic. SHHHOWERCAP’s turban inspired design is chic, sophisticated and trusted; a.k.a it keeps all your red hair dry — in style. It has a stretchable band across in order to make it easy to take off and put on. We wouldn’t be surprised if we catch ourselves wearing this thing out of the house — yes, it’s that fashionable.
2. Paul Mitchell Ultimate Color Repair Line: Each product from their line harnesses the high protein content of quinoa to lock in hair color and repair strands from within. Shea butter, jojoba and soybean oil leave red hair soft, shiny and healthy, while vitamins nourish and moisturize. The Ultimate Color Repair spray (found in the November H2BAR Box) actually has SPF in it to keep red hair from fading. How cool is that? Plus, the packaging makes your shower look so pretty.
READ MORE: Tips for pre, during + after shower routine for redheads
3. Shemen Amour’s Aromatic Body Scrub – Passion Fruit: This aromatic body scrub is 100% cruelty-free and natural. It’s enriched with essential Oils of Olive, Avocado, Jojoba, Sesame, Sunflower and Aloe Vera extract. It leaves your skin super smooth and is one of the first scrubs that actually works without causing irritation hours later. An extra bonus is it won’t leave your shower dirty or sticky.
4. GEHWOL Biosana Swiss Foot File: This is the best callus remover we’ve tried. Our one piece of advice is to make sure you store it in a dry area and bring into the shower with you right before showering; you want to ensure the actual item doesn’t get worn down from overexposure to products, humidity and water. Your feet will be sandal-ready in no time!
5. T3 Source Showerhead Filter: Household water often contains high levels of chlorine, which can be doing a lot of harm to your crimson hues. This bad boy removes 95 percent of chlorine in your water in order to improve your hair’s body, skin and hydration. It’s an investment but a well worth one indeed.
Bonus: Always apply moisturizer within 3 minutes after showering. This will ensure the product traps the water in your skin, to keep it extra hydrated. Primal Derma is a great grass fed skincare company with an exceptional ‘redhead friendly’ moisturizer to make your skin super happy. The best part? It can be applied everywhere. The face, lips, body, cuticles.. even as an overnight leave-in conditioner. It’s great for the traveling redhead. (It was also found in the March H2BAR Beauty Box).
Rock it like a Redhead!