You’re unique, your brow products should be too.

Shop Finally Have Brows
Featured Post

5 Household Items That Might be Affecting Your Redhead Skin

Posted on

If you’re dealing with skin concerns like dryness, itching, or irritation it might be because of everyday products in your home. Redheads tend to have quite sensitive skin, and everyday items with heavy fragrances or a lot of chemicals can be quite irritating. These 5 everyday household items might be negatively affecting your redhead skin: 

1. Laundry essentials

Lots of laundry products are scented to make our clothes smell good, but this can be a problem for those of us who are sensitive to fragrance. Laundry detergent, fabric softener, and dryer sheets are all common culprits for skin irritation. If you believe your laundry essentials are causing your skin grief, try switching to unscented/hypoallergenic detergent, skip the fabric softener, and use wool dryer balls. 

2. Hand and dish soap

Hot water and soap from hand or dishwashing can cause dry skin. This dry skin can be made worse if those products are irritating your skin through fragrances or other ingredients. Try using unscented or natural hand soap and wear gloves when you clean dishes. 

3. Air fresheners

Automatic air fresheners, room sprays, and other scented products don’t usually have direct contact with your skin, but the heavy fragrance can linger in the air causing irritation to sensitive skin. Opt for more natural forms of home fragrance like candles, oil diffusers, or natural room sprays.

READ: 7 Vegan Fragrances for Redheads

4. Household cleaners

You will often find lots of chemicals in household cleaners. These chemicals can dry and irritate the skin. If you can, find a more natural alternative to a cleaner. If not, just make sure to open the windows when you clean and wear gloves when handling the products to avoid contact. 

5. Metal items

Items made from nickel can often be very irritating to those with sensitive skin. This may include razor blades, jewelry, even handles, and other metal objects around your home. If you have a nickel allergy, you should consider swapping these items for a non-nickel metal or adding a protective coating. 

Rock it like a Redhead! 

 

Share
Tweet
Pin
Email