Each year, the H2BAR beauty team comes out with the list of top ‘redhead friendly’ color depositing shampoos and conditioners for redheads.
Color depositing shampoos naturally deposit color in the hair.
If you’re a natural redhead, you can add this hair care product to your beauty routine a few times a week.
If you’re a redhead ‘by choice’, use this regularly to lengthen the time in-between your trips to the salon.
It’s important to know some key tips and facts before opting for a color depositing product. Here are 7 things you should know:
1. If you’re a redhead ‘by choice’, consult with your stylist or colorist before using.
2. Color depositing shampoo and conditioners do not work for blonde or grey shades of hair. Warning: If you have blonde highlights in your red hair, using these products will turn them pink.
3. Rinse your hair after conditioning with cool water. This will help close the cuticle and seal in moisture.
4. The product may stain so use a dark towel (or t-shirt) while drying your hair.
5. If you’re nervous to take the color depositing plunge, we recommend adding a few drops to your currently used shampoo and conditioner. This is a great way to ‘up’ your red a tiny bit.
6. We advise conducting a strand test before using one of these products below.
7. For best results, lather on a color depositing shampoo. Rinse. Apply and lather a color depositing conditioner. Rinse with cool water.
We may receive commissions from links on this page, but we only recommend products we love and deem ‘redhead friendly’.
Here are 8 of our 2018 ‘Redhead Friendly’ approved favorite color depositing products:
A cult favorite that won’t disappoint. Great for those with fiery red-orange tones. Seen in the H2BAR Box.
Shades: Fluid Fire, Crimson Splash, Liquid Fire, Wet Brick
We’ve discovered this sulfate-free shampoo is a great option for all those ‘chosen’ redheads out there. It will eliminate color fade and color washout.
This is a conditioning treatment applied after shampooing. Leave on for 1-2 minutes and rinse. Seen in the H2BAR Box. Seen in the H2BAR Box.
Shades: Radiant Red, Brillant Copper
You really can’t go wrong with a product from the Italian brand, Davines. This is a great option if you’re a copper redhead.
An inexpensive option that actually works. Seen in the H2BAR Box.
Another inexpensive shampoo that does the job. Your hair will look vibrant and shiny after using.
While this is NOT a color depositing shampoo, we had to add it to this list simply because it can be incorporated into your redhead cleansing routine. And, you’ll fall in love with this mask after just one use.
After washing, towel dry your hair and apply the mask. Leave on for 5 to 30 minutes. If it’s your first time, apply it for just 5 minutes to see how your hair holds the color.
Rock it like a Redhead!