Garlic face masks have been making their way through the internet beauty community. One redhead on TikTok talks about how garlic has helped her clear up her skin. Garlic isn’t an ingredient you see often in skincare, but it actually has a lot of really amazing properties such as:
- Vitamins B and C, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc, potassium
- Anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties can help soothe and treat acne and acne scars. You can use it to treat blackheads and whiteheads. Since it exfoliates the skin and prevents the accumulation of dirt and oil, garlic can help minimize enlarged pores.
- Garlic can heal dry, flaky, chapped skin and soothe irritations. It hydrates and lubricates your skin, keeping it moist and smooth.
- Garlic is also naturally anti-fungal, anti-aging which makes it great for those who have acne-prone skin. The face mask in question contains garlic to cleanse the skin, tea tree oil to balance the skin, and honey to help soothe and smooth.
Here is a DIY garlic mask recipe:
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
This mask is perfect for every time you need something to refresh and brighten your skin and even out your complexion. It cleanses, hydrates and nourishes your skin and improves the microcirculation. It gives you a bright, fresh, youthful look and a dewy glow. Mash a clove of garlic until you get a smooth paste. Add aloe vera gel and melted coconut oil. Mix everything well until smooth. Apply the paste to a clean face. Leave it on for around 10 minutes. Then wash the mask off and apply your face cream right away.
So what do you think? Would you try a garlic face mask?
Watch the TikTok video below:
Rock it like a Redhead!