To create this look you will need a tail comb and two redhead hair ties.
1. Gather hair in a ponytail and secure with redhead hair tie.
2. Divide hair into two equal sections.
3. Twist both sections of hair to the right four times.
4. Then, take the right section of hair and cross it up and over the left.
5. Twist both sections hair to the right four times and cross the section of hair from the right over the left again.
6. Repeat until braid is complete.
The basic rope braid can evolve into a more intricate look by marrying the hair slowly down the head french braid style. Editorial stylist, Kiera Doyle, demonstrated on Adrienne how to use this same process altered just a bit.
1. Start on the top of the head and create a small triangle section with the tail comb at the crown line and divide hair into two sections. Twist each section to the right four times and to the left for times.
2. Cross the right side over the left.
3. Now pick up a small, clean section of hair from the right side and add into the the right section.
4. Do the same on the left.
5. Twist both of those sections to the right four times and then cross the right over the left.
6. Continue to work in this same fashion until braid is complete.