By: Co-Founder, Stephanie Vendetti
The summer season is officially here and I’ve gathered a list of our newest (and greatest) ‘redhead friendly’ approved products to make these next few months even more beautiful. All products were tested while I spent last week in Mexico for my Honeymoon. The sun was hot, but this redhead was prepared.
Before I begin, I must advise everyone to rock sunscreen on a daily basis and reapply, reapply, reapply. I am proud to not have had one sunburn during my seven full days in the water and hot sun; the secret is that I applied sunscreen every hour on the hour, just to be extra safe. I also rocked these products to keep myself feeling beautiful:
1. I bought Alba Botanica Very Emollient Facial Sunscreen SPF 30 and it protected every freckle on my face. It’s lightweight, hypoallergenic and all-natural. A definite must-have this summer.
‘Redhead Friendly’ Tip: Apply before moisturizing for total coverage and reapply every two hours.
READ: The 10 Best Sunscreen Picks For Redheads
2. Who doesn’t love a bright, bold lip this summer? Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip in Pink is a fun pink option for any shade of red hair.
‘Redhead Friendly’ Tip: Apply one coat for a subtle look and two/three for a bold look.
3. The summer is all about rockin’ a natural, effortless look – while of course keeping those brows tamed and looking hot. Keep it simple and manageable by using an eyebrow gel like Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Auburn.
‘Redhead Friendly’ Tip: Apply over brow powder or pencil for a bold look or alone for a natural, summertime look.
4. Honest Beauty Luminizing Powder Dawn Reflection is another perfect redhead-approved makeup item to make your skin glow this summer. I’ve been using it alone to enhance my freckles and it doesn’t come off in the heat.
‘Redhead Friendly’ Tip: Apply to forehead, cheekbones and anywhere else you want to highlight. Remember, a little goes a long way. Make sure to sweep with a brush, tap to remove excess, then apply.
5. I’m always on the hunt for effortless lip products that don’t require a lip pencil to achieve the right look. Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Mighty Mimosa has been my go-to, especially while on vacation last week.
‘Redhead Friendly’ Tip: Apply alone or pair it with an SPF lip balm for extra protection.
What are your current summer favs? Rock it like a Redhead!