Redheads spend so much time finding the perfect makeup for their skin and hair, so don’t we all want it to stay on as long as possible? Here are the 8 redhead commandments for long-lasting makeup:
1. Take the time to Prime: Applying a primer is an extra step that’s incredibly worthwhile because it is packed with silicone, which prevents the oil on your skin from breaking down your makeup. Tip: Before you apply any other makeup, smooth a primer all over your face, including your eyelids. (You can find primers created specifically for the lids, but a face primer will also do the trick if used sparingly.)
2. Exfoliate: Think about it, makeup sitting on flaky skin will flake off. Use a gentle microbead scrub, or even just a washcloth, to buff away any dead cells.
3. Do Not Over Moisturize: Beautiful skin is hydrated skin, but rich moisturizer will make your makeup fade very ,very quick. The solution? Before applying primer and the rest of your makeup, use a light moisturizer (it shouldn’t be so thick that you can’t see through it) and try to avoid the T-zone area that trend to get oily.
4. Less is More: The more makeup you apply, the more there is to slide and smear.
5. Waterproof Eye Pencils: Even on the inner rim of the lower lashes, these pencils deliver pigment that won’t slip away.
6. Get Rid of Your Lipglosses: Lipgloss does not stay on long because of its texture, so a good tip is to fill in the entire lip with long-wearing lip pencil! Then, pat over a thin layer of lipstick over it. Your lips will look moisturized for hours and hours.
7. Finish Your Look with Powder: For indestructible makeup, colorless loose powder should always be the final step. Too much powder, though, will create a chalky finish. Apply it softly with a fluffy eyeshadow brush and hit it on the the nose, chin and the center of the forehead where makeup tends to disappear.
8. Leave Home Prepared: Always leave room in your purse for your “redhead friendly” items! Bring a lipstick for touch-ups, blotting tissues to get rid of shine and some loose powder to finish off your look.
Rock it like a Redhead!