After sun exposure, apply one of these redhead-approved sunburn relief gels generously to all areas of the skin. For best results, apply right after sunburn occurs. And a special tip: keep the gel refrigerated for extra cooling relief.
1. If you’re looking for a non-sticky, bring-anywhere lotion
Sunburnt After-Sun Gel, $10 — Featured in the August H2BAR Box, redheads have given this product rave reviews! “THIS STUFF WORKS. The day I got my H2BAR box, I forgot to have my friend lotion my back before swimming. I got a moderate burn in the middle of my shoulder blades, of course where I couldn’t reach myself. My mom helped me put on this lotion that same night and it is the only cream I’ve EVER used that didn’t make my sunburn worse. I’m sensitive to aloe and would always get the aloe gel with lidocaine to numb my reaction, but it always burned for the first 10-15 minutes. It was still more effective than other things I tried like oils or shea butter so I endured the burning sensation. But not anymore. It’s been days and it barely even itches. It’s still pink but no pain at all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Sunburns almost always lead to sun poisoning for me and that takes me out for days. You’ve literally changed my whole outlook on summer. Thank you.” -Elizabeth, H2BAR Box subscriber
2. If you’re looking for an intensely hydrating lotion
3. If you’re looking for one with Vitamin E
4. If you’re looking for an inexpensive gel
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, $7 for 3
5. If you’re also looking for relief from bug bites
6. If you’re looking for a BPA-free and recyclable container
7. If your skin is super itchy
8. If you have extremely sensitive skin
9. If your baby or toddler got burnt
10. If your scalp got burnt
11. If you’re looking for a spray gel
Stay sun protected this summer and Rock it like a Redhead!