With many proms, weddings and black-tie events this summer, it’s great to grab inspiration from redheads on the red carpet. Jessica Chastain rocked voluminous curls on the 2014 Golden Globe red carpet, and her hair was brilliantly pushed back to show off her makeup and beautiful fair skin. Julia Papworth, LA-based celebrity hairstylist, shows us how to recreate Jessica’s look for your own occasion this season:
1. Stat by blowing out your hair. Apply volumizing cream to damp hair, concentrating on the roots and mid-lengths of the hair. This will help hold give the hair some oomph and help hold it in place.
2. Blow dry with a medium sized round brush to get movement.
3. Once dry, divide the hair into sections, mist on a light hold hairspray, and curl the hair with a 2-inch iron.
4. Let the curls cool before you gently brush them out. Then, starting at the crown, use a small amount of Unite Expanda Dust Volumizing Powder on each section and tease the hair. Work your way forward from the crown and continue the teasing on the sides of the head.
5. Spritz a small brush with hairspray to smooth out the teasing and you are set to go.
Rock it like a Redhead!