One of the hottest makeup trends for spring is a metallic, smokey eye using copper shades. This look is perfect for redheads because the copper not only “plays up” ginger locks, but it also is a perfect hue to compliment ivory skin tones!
Here are step by step instructions on how to get the metallic-copper smokey eye:
1. Start by brushing a bit of translucent powder over eyelids to neutralize any uneven skin tones and help to set the shadow.
2. Optional: A rich brown liner used to define the bottom lash line will soften the look and make your eyes appear very wide.
3. Apply M.A.C. eyeshadow in ‘Hot Paprika’ on waterline and on entire lid.
4. Smudge and soften the edges using smudging brush.
5. Set the ‘Hot Paprika’ eyeshadow with M.A.C. ‘Coppering.’
6. Soften the edges in the crease using a blending brush.
7. Apply M.A.C. pigment in ‘Copper Sparkle.’
8. Apply extra black mascara to lashes and a black liquid liner at the edges of the top lash line for flirty, cat eye definition.
As spring approaches, it’s time to update your makeup palettes and the copper trend is guaranteed gorgeous on all redheads.
Get ready for the compliments and Rock it like a Redhead!