Do you ever see other women with shiny red hair and wonder how they do it? Here are six tips to make your hair healthy and shiny:
1. Cold rinse. One really easy and cheap way to gain some shine is to always rinse your hair with cold water at the end of your shower. This trick works because it closes the hair cuticles making your hair smoother.
2. Deep condition. Deep conditioning your hair reduces any damage from heat, pollution, or even brushing. Use a deep conditioner after shampooing your hair, concentrating on the ends. Leave on your hair for the time indicated on the product, or about 5 minutes, and rinse well.
3. Heat. Heat can damage your hair and can make your red hair look damaged and frizzy. However, straightening and curling can give your hair instant shine IF you use heat protection products.
4. Swap your hairbrush. Invest in a brush made with natural bristles, preferably boar. This will redistribute oils throughout your hair as you brush, restoring natural shine.
5. Water. Some of us just don’t drink enough water! Hydrating the body gives life to everything, including your red hair.
6. Be careful when drying your hair. If you dry it upwards your hair is more likely to stick up and will be impossible to tame.
Rock it like a Redhead!
Subscribe to the H2BAR Box: A monthly and quarterly beauty subscription box for redheads! Use code: REDHAIR for 10% off. Subscribe now!