Updated: May 9, 2022
I started experimenting with self-tanners in high school. Back then, I got whatever I could get my hands at the drugstore. Most of the time it was a cheap product that left my skin smelly and streaky. I didn’t care. I just wanted to be tan like the rest of my friends.
Over the years, I’ve learned to drop the self-tanner and embrace my fair, freckled skin. I love who I am. My freckles are a part of me.
But, sometimes I must admit it does feel great to have a little glow with the help from a few ‘redhead friendly’ self-tanners. Whether it’s applying a little bit before the weekend begins or setting a tanning schedule a few days before a big trip, I’ve learned to adjust the color necessary to make it as natural as possible.
To save you time on trying a ton of different tanning products only to wake up and see streaky, orange spots, the How to be a Redhead beauty team has compiled a list of our favorite ‘redhead friendly’ self-tanners.
1. St. TROPEZ Self Tan Bronzing Mousse: This product is a staple in our beauty routine. Invest in the St. TROPEZ mitt. It’ll make it easy to apply –– without staining your palms.
3. Fake Bake Self Tanning Liquid Solution Flawless Darker: Turn to Fake Bake if you’re looking for a maximum tan. You’ll see a significant difference within an hour.
4. Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam: This popular tanning foam is super lightweight and very simple to apply. Don’t forget your mit!
5. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer: It’s no wonder this product won ‘Best Sunless Tanner’ at the 2018 How to be a Redhead Beauty Awards. It delivers a hydrated, streak-free glow that’s buildable and can be used daily.
6. Sally Hansen Airbrush Spray: If you’re looking for a little glow on your legs, turn to this easy-to-use and super affordable redhead friendly’ spray.
7. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self Tan Drops for Face: This product allows you to customize your tan. Add 2-6 drops in your moisturizer to get the perfect tan.
8. Beauty by Earth Self Tanner: This is for all those redheads out there looking for a natural, organic and effective sunless tanner. Made with all organic ingredients including jojoba oil, argan oil and green tea.
9. Miami Gorgeous Self Tanning Mousse LaPlaya Glow Instant Self Tanner Bronzing Mouss: Achieve a natural looking tan with oil-free, buildable lotion.
10. Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse, Light Bronze Tan: You really can’t go wrong with the Jergens Natural Glow line.
Rock it like a Redhead!