By: Andrea Claire
The holiday season is thundering in – it always seems to creep up and then BANG – there it is! Shopping in-between your day job like a mad fiend and then having to get cocktail chic at the drop of a beret (it’s fashion darlings, no hats) – urgh, what’s a ginger to do?
Some of my favorite holiday beauty inspirations come from redhead celebs from the red carpet. Here’s a few favorites to choose from with a beauty breakdown for your go-to get ready list:
Julia Roberts at the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards:
Julia may not look like a redhead here, but we all know she is one at heart. Her skin tone is much like a natural redhead’s and her makeup is always fresh and simple. Remember, makeup doesn’t have to be dramatic because you’re dressed to kill. You want to wear the look, not have the look wear you.
1. SKIN: Start by getting your glow on and that my redhead friends, is accomplished with Dr. Brandt ‘Glow’ Holiday Kit which includes Ruby Crystal Retinol Hydracreme, Overnight Resurfacing Serum and CC glow. The ‘Glow’ series is formulated with skin illuminators, optical diffusers and micronized ruby crystals which gives you a smoother, glowing complexion.
2. EYES: Focus on your eyes. Earth tones are easy. Please tell me you picked up on that reference…? Quick! Name the movie and the famous ginger in it. Win a pack of How to be a Redhead Bobby Pins for the first correct answer! I sure hope the editors see my *winky face.*
Holiday eyes are never out of style and the best palette for this look is the Warm Glow Eye Palette by Bobbi Brown, paired with a barely there flushed cheek and a nude lip.
3. CHEEKS: For cheeks, lip2cheek by RMS Beauty in ‘Demure.’
4. LIPS: Lips j’adore Charlotte Tilbury ‘Nude Kate’. (P.S Charlotte Tilbury is a redhead and knows how to rock it!)
Amy Adams attends the Max Mara show during the Milan Fashion Week Womenswear Spring/Summer 2015:
1. SKIN/CHEEK: Let’s start with that radiant cheek shall we? Ging-friends: FACE atelier ‘Peach Glaze’ Ultra Blush should be in your beauty arsenal. Take a moment and drop it into your shopping cart.
2. LIP: That bright orangey-coral lip matches up to Illamasqua’s Mistress.
Tammy Faye those lashes with mascara – and yes fellow fiery ladies, we can wear black mascara! I also like to mix black and brown mascara by alternating layers. Not a tube of brown-black but one tube of dark brown layering a black mascara. It gives you intensity with depth. Trust me.
Julianne Moore L.A Mocking Jay Premiere:
Can we just pause here and give a slow golf clap to Julianne’s glam squad? As a makeup artist and a fellow Freckleface Strawberry, she is hands down gorgeous!
1. EYES: Starting with the windows of Julianne’s soul, I see a hint of olive metallic on the outer half of her lid. The perfect color match is found within DaLish Cosmetics‘ Metallic Creamy Eyeshadow, Range E01, and the inner half looks like MAC ‘Satin Taupe’. Blend the ‘Satin Taupe’ across the crease in a windshield wiping sweep for added definition; but hold your brush mid-shaft with the end hitting your palm so your application is soft & gentle verses holding tight at the tip like a pencil.
There’s a soft, yet definite line of forest green on the upper lash line and in the lower waterline. Try MAC Powerpoint liner in ‘Forever Green’. Plus, a dreamy, smoky plum shadow effect on the lower lash line. You gotta love the ‘redhead friendly’ color combination!
I’m betting Ms.Moore is sporting L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in ‘Smoldering Plum’. C
2. SKIN/CHEEKS: Cheeks a soft nude/peach, try NARS ‘Sex Appeal’
3. LIPS: You can bet your bottom dollar she’s sporting her own L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Shade: ‘Julianne’.
Who’s your beauty muse? Do tell me below.
Rock it like a Redhead!