By: Rebecca Leslie
The Montreal Fashion Week was from September 4th-7th and the fact that it overlapped with New York City Fashion Week by 2 days didn’t deter fashionistas from adding to the excitement and prolonging fashion festivities on the East Coast.
The fashion showcases were housed comfortably (yet forever fashionably) in the 40,000+ square foot L’Arsenal, the revamped shipyard tucked between industrial warehouses,which dates back to the 1800’s.
Redheads were proudly represented, modeling some of the most stunning pieces from show-stopping collections such as DUY, Iris Setlakwe, Rachel Sin and Anomal Couture. Tall, proud and impeccably coiffed, models Liz Couture and Léonie Côté most definitely caught the crowd’s attention.
How to Be a Redhead was interviewed for the livestream web coverage of Montreal Fashion Week. We let Montrealers know that redheads from Quebec to NYC to LA are always sharing the best fashion and beauty tips around! Stay tune for the video – coming soon!
Here are the top “redhead friendly” fashion trends spotted on Montreal’s red carpet:
1. Long locks (either natural length or supplemented with extensions) coiffed stick-straight
2. Low messy bun gathered at the nape
3. And, of course, a glossy finish to showcase color
1. Open backs everywhere! Your back is the spot to show off, more than cleavage and arms right now.
2. Zippers are still prevalent. Wear them both horizontally and vertically!
3. When it comes to textures, opt for touches of leather, silk and lace.
4. Load of Color! And black counts! Redheads look fabulous in coral, bright purples, deep fabulous aubergine and Montreal’s stand-out color from the 2013 show was bold emerald green (such a fabulous color!)
Rock it like a Redhead!