One of the best makeup trends is the return of a bold lip.. and it’s the most fun! Lipstick colors like fuchsia, tangerine, bright pink and even orange will be some of the hottest looks for spring and summer. Changing your lipstick is an easy, low commitment way to update your style.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of this exciting trend:
1. Prep Your Lips: You want to make sure that your lips are in prime condition before calling full attention to them. Tip: Gently exfoliate lips with a moist wash cloth to remove any dry skin. Then, apply a light coat of lip balm to insure that lips are at their softest.
2. Minimal Makeup: To keep your look contemporary, when working with a bright lip, keep other makeup soft and subtle. Tip: Try a soft eye and just a hint of natural looking blush. The emphasis should be an over all natural look with lips played up to make a bold statement.
3. To Use Lip Pencil or To Not Use Lip Pencil: This has been an age old debate. Lip pencil does help lipstick last longer and eliminate “color bleeding,” but for a sheer coat of color, it’s best to skip liner all together. Tip: If you do choose to wear lip liner, NEVER, EVER outline lips with a dark pencil and then apply a light colored lipstick because it is instant age.
4. Find The Perfect Shade: Every woman, even a redhead, can find the perfect shade of natural lipstick. Here’s a nifty trick to find the pink that mother nature intended for you: Tip: Look into a mirror and smile, the shade of your gums or just a hint darker will be the most flattering pink for your skin tone! Pretty cool, huh? To attain a bold lip, go a bit darker than your skin tone.
5. Low Key Hair: To keep focus on your pretty pout, keep your hair soft and natural. Tip: Opt for a tousled, wavy look.
Lipstick is a fun way to instantly update your look. It’s time for you to get noticed for your beautiful locks and your pretty pout!
Rock it like a Redhead!