Hair removal is a hot topic for redheads. We have sensitive skin that may not react well to shaving or waxing, and our light body hair makes laser-ing more difficult. We’re always asked if redheads can even get laser hair removal. Season 2, Episode 12 we talked about this very topic. But, lasers are getting more and more advanced and is there an update *four* years later?
Adrienne + Stephanie call the guest all the way across the pond — in London, UK. Matthew Rundle is the guest on the newest How to be a Redhead podcast episode. He owns Mayfair Aesthetics Laser and Skin Clinic with four (4) locations in London. Mayfair has won twelve (12) awards and helped over 10,000 clients achieve smooth, hair-free skin. Besides laser hair removal, Mayfair also offers a range of skin treatments including facials, peels, and semi-permanent makeup.
Adrienne + Stephanie ask him all your burning questions:
- What is laser hair removal and will it work for redheads?
- What is the difference between electrolysis and laser hair removal?
- What is IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and who does it work for? Your clinic also offers semi-permanent makeup. What is this procedure like? Could a redhead benefit from this?
- Redheads usually have sensitive skin. Before a redhead goes in for a facial or a peel, what should they know first? Are there certain treatments that they should avoid?
- There are so many products on the market that claim to remove hair painlessly. There’s Bleam (the crystal hair eraser), epilators, creams, at-home IPL devices, etc. As consumers, how can we evaluate whether a product will work for us or not?
- Your clinics are on the cutting edge of hair removal technology (which keeps getting better!). What new treatments/tools do you see on the horizon?
You can find the answers to these questions and more discussion on laser hair removal for redheads on the latest full episode!
Looking for article links mentioned in the podcast episode?
You can hear Stephanie, Adrienne, and Matthew on the latest episode of the How to be a Redhead Podcast directly below, available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts:
Want to help us spread the news about the How to be a Redhead brand and this podcast? Please give us a 5-star review and tell your friends (redheads and everyone else) to subscribe!