Redheads are prone to melanoma more than any other hair color. Sunscreen knowledge is so essential and if you’ve listened to our podcast (or read HowtobeaRedhead.com for the last decade), you know the H2BAR Team is passionate about skincare for redheads. The month of May is the beginning of Melanoma Awareness Month and that’s why Adrienne + Stephanie’s first guest for the month of May is Evelynn Moz from VERTRA Premium Suncare. She is the Product Line Manager and passionate about sunscreen.
It’s scary because a recent study found that many of the American sunscreen products labeled as “broad spectrum” block UVB rays but don’t block UVA rays. UVA penetrates the skin more deeply than UVB. Vertra is committed to creating a premium sunscreen line that is infused with non-nano, mineral UVA/UVB blockers that meet the maximum 80-minute FDA water and sweat resistance ratings. They’re also paraben-free and great for redhead skin.
*Hint, Hint*: VERTRA is one of the sunscreen brands inside May H2BAR Box! Subscribe here.
For over a decade now Vertra has provided the ocean’s best athletes with superior UV protection with a patented processes. Vertra is now considered the ultimate skincare for anyone who enjoys the outdoors.
We talk with Evelynn about her work with Dior, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Kate Somerville and now VERTRA. As an athlete herself, she was a competitive soccer player in her teens and even played in two world cup tournaments in Europe, so she knows how bad sunburns can be.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW, CLICK HERE FOR iTUNES OR SEARCH FOR “HOW TO BE A REDHEAD” WHEREVER YOU LISTEN TO PODCASTS
We discuss about the following:
1. Let’s talk about VERTRA! Tell us a bit about the brand? Why was it created?
2. Although the brand has roots in the professional surf industry, the products that Vertra makes can be used not only for any sport, but also for daily wear. Vertra is so beneficial for young athletes, so that they are better protected and more knowledgeable than the generations that came before us. We heard you were a competitive soccer player in your teens and even played in two world cup tournaments in Europe!
3. We’re so excited to have your Pearl White Sticks 50+ a part of our May H2BAR Box. It’s an amazing product. Why is this product so unique?
4. Why is reef-safe important?
5. Not a lot of consumers know the difference between all the ingredients in sunscreen. Why is Octinoxate & Oxybenzone harmful?
6. We know the VERTRA products are 80 minute water-resistant. What does that exactly mean?
7. What are some tips for after-sun care?
Want to help us spread the news about the How to be a Redhead brand and this podcast? Please give us a 5 star review and tell your friends (redheads and everyone else) to subscribe! You can listen to this podcast directly on HowtobeaRedhead.com, on Apple iTunes, Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts. And don’t forget to look at the podcast notes to find links with products mentioned.. and so much more.
Rock it like a Redhead!
Subscribe to the H2BAR Box: A monthly and quarterly beauty subscription box for redheads! Use code: REDHAIR for 10% off. Subscribe now!