On this week’s episode of the How to be a Redhead podcast, we’re talking all about green beauty.
When How to be a Redhead launched in 2011, we focused on discussions about ‘Redhead Friendly’ approved products; 99.9% of the time green beauty items are ‘Redhead Friendly’ because they’re clean, free of heavy chemicals and as natural as can be.
That’s why we always recommend green beauty for redheads, and why Katey Denno is our guest in this week’s episode. Not only is she a redhead, but she is known as the go-to green beauty celebrity artist. Her passion for makeup was awakened during her 10+ year career in social work in DC and The Bronx, by her male-to-female transgender clients. While focusing on the external, she was able to help them feel good within, which she still believes, is the root of looking great. Denno’s redhead celebrity roster include Connie Britton, Isla Fisher, the queen of redheads herself: Julianne Moore, and more!
LISTEN TO EPISODE 8 OF THE HOW TO BE A REDHEAD PODCAST ON iTUNES, GREEN BEAUTY WITH REDHEAD + CELEB MAKEUP ARTIST, KATEY DENNO
(or search for us wherever you listen to podcasts)
Her green ‘Redhead Friendly’ brand/product recommendations are the following:
4. Bite Beauty
5. ILIA Beauty: Lipstick in ‘Tango’ (great universal color for all redheads)
7. Alima Pure
8. Crop Natural: Loves their ‘All About Me’ nude for all redheads.
12. Jenette All Natural Skin Care: For any redhead with acne, Denno said this line has been her savior. She loves the Cacao Herbal Infusion Soap Bar and the Be Clean – Detoxifying Elixir oil.
15. Topical Vitamin C for the skin. Apply after cleansing and before moisturizing.
16. Marie Veronique Line: Intensive Repair Serum – The only spot treatment she has found that doesn’t dry the surrounding skin. She also loves the Barrier Restore Complex, Probiotic Face Mist and Gentle Retinol.
See some of her work via her Instagram page (@KateyDenno):