As redhead beauty experts, we meet many ginger ladies and there is always one question that everyone asks, “How can I look younger?” We know it’s hard to believe, but women in their twenties ask the most frequently. After giving advice and talking with the [redheaded] women, we have discovered that natural redheads who have sensitive skin usually worry about aging because the sun isn’t as friendly to their skin as our darker skinned friends. And although most natural redheads don’t go grey, but instead turn white, their red hair usually ‘turns’ earlier than brunettes and blondes because of its unique color. With these natural tendencies working against most women with red hair, we guess it is only natural that redheads want to know how to look younger than the rest.
Below is our top advice for looking young- no matter what age you are!
1. Get a Trendy Hair Cut: Your hair style can make you look ten to fifteen years younger. The trick is finding the right style for your face. Look to the redheads on the red carpet for advice. If you want a more mature look, opt for a medium length, voluminous style like Christina Hendricks. If you have longer hair, look to Nicole Kidman for how she styles and keeps up her red locks.
2. Grow Your Hair Longer: Having long hair that extends just below the top of the shoulders can make you look younger. The best example of this is Julianne Moore. It is truly hard to believe that the woman is in her fifties! What I love the most about women her age who rock longer hair is that they go against the tale that women need to keep their hair shoulder length to look age appropriate. It’s not true. Let your hair grow and add volume with waves and curls.
3. Keep Your Color Enhanced: If you’re going white, visit a salon to get your hair colored. I was once told by my stylist that white or grey hair is instant age and I completely agree. There are, of course, some women that are exceptions, but in most cases a women should never allow herself to go completely grey. If you’re a redhead, you probably have the fun and spunky personality to go with it, so stick to your natural roots and keep your hair beautifully red!
4. Keep Your Eyebrows Maintained: Eyebrows completely shape the face, so it is super important to keep them groomed. Make sure to give them an arch and cut them so they don’t get bushy. If you’re missing hair, simply use an eyebrow pencil to fill in your brows.
5. Start Anti-Aging Regiments Immediately: I’ve always recommended that women use anti-aging lotions and treatments from the moment they start to use products. Why? Because it doesn’t hurt to start early. My grandmother always had flawless skin without one wrinkle and her advice was anti-aging creams and staying out of the sun.
Rock it like a Redhead!