Hollywood is red hot this spring thanks to a new cast of redheads: Rachel McAdams, Dianna Agron, Megan Fox and Elizabeth Olsen are among the latest stars to dye their locks the fiery hue.
Rachel McAdams commented on her new red locks, “Why not red?…It was one of the last colors I hadn’t tried, so I thought I’d give it a whirl. My mom’s a redhead!”
If you’re thinking of taking the red plunge, here are some expert tips to help you decide if red is right for you!
1. Try on a red wig that looks as natural as possible and have fun with it. Does it compliment your skin tone and your personality? If so, it may be a go!
2. Show a picture (or two) to a professional hairstylist. He or she will be able to look at your skin tone, eye color and lifestyle to help you choose the best red. You’ll also get great advice on how to prevent fading with your tone of red since it will fade fast. Use products like Pureology’s Reviving Red Hair Care System and learn easy ways to naturally keep your red hair vibrant. These tips are also fantastic for natural redheads!
3. Once you go red, it is important to keep that color for a while. If you go back too soon, it will damage the hair.
4. Don’t do an at-home box color because out of all the hair colors, it’s the most challenging to make it look natural (especially if you have blonde in your hair).
5. Once you’re a redhead, turn to How to be a Redhead for all your redhead needs!
Rock it like a Redhead!