“My personal mission is to help each client find the style that works best for them and their lifestyle, not just the hottest trend. So, when a redhead is creating a halo braid, it is important to use bobby pins that will be disguised to secure the braids. This is why redhead bobby pins are a must for any shade of red hair,” said Jenny Balding, a Senior Stylist at New York City’s Cutler Salon.
Whether it is a slightly disheveled braid or sleek, the halo braid will look good on every redhead.
Here are Jenny’s step-by-step instructions:
1. Create a middle part and split the hair in to two sections.
2. Braid each section starting just behind the ear.
3. Bring one braid over the top and secure with redhead bobby pin behind ear.
4. Use the redhead bobby pin like an anchor and twist it back on itself. This is the perfect way to disguise and anchor you cool halo braid.
5. Repeat on the other side
6. Then, secure through the top sections if necessary with a couple of the bobby pins.
Rock it like a Redhead!